Re: Perl & NT or not Perl?

by "Monica Clancy" <monclan(at)idcomm.com>

 Date:  Sat, 15 Jul 2000 18:56:45 -0600
 To:  "Cindi" <markit(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Cindi,

I believe that your form processing relies on a program called "cgi-mail" to
process the contents of the completed form fields. From what I've read, this
program works only on UNIX servers (so I don't know why it worked
earlier---someone please correct me if I am wrong...). I believe an
alternative to cgi-mail is a program called "mailpost". Or, you could
utilize active server pages to handle the same process.

I am in the same boat, moving from UNIX to NT, with a server administrator
resistant to loading CGI scripts, so I am forced to learn active server
pages (asp)...which is a good, marketable skill to learn.

---Monica