Re: Flash detection

by "Angie Michaels" <angiemichaels(at)blueyonder.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 14 May 2001 08:49:08 +0100
 To:  "Kathy Wargo" <kathywargo(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
try this Kathy

if( ( navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer"
&& navigator.appVersion.indexOf( "Mac" ) == -1
&& navigator.appVersion.indexOf( "3.1" ) == -1 )
( navigator.plugins
&& navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash"] )
|| navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash 2.0"] )
window.location = "playflash.html" ;
elsewindow.location = "noflash.html" ;

HTH
Angie

** If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked
something **