RE: AOL issue

by "Jan Morell" <jan_man(at)bellsouth.net>

 Date:  Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:14:34 -0400
 To:  "Scott Winkle" <swinkle(at)wittenberg.edu>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I was having the same problem with a shopping cart and AOL users. The cart
was using temp files named with the users IP address, and AOL users were
regularly seeing other peoples things in their shopping cart.

We had to finally go with cookies instead and save the cart temp file with
the process ID as the name instead of the IP.

This may not help you with your situation, but it resonates the degree of
difficulty that AOLs IP assignment process is causing in other areas as
well.

Jan