Re: Link checker

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:22:57 -0500
 To:  "Kathy Wargo" <kathywargo(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>,
<oaugnet-dba(at)lists.ksinet.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I need a routine to verify if the addresses are still viable (not broken).
> I would like to run a script or I will write code to check to see if each
> web address still links.

I use "CyberSpyder" which is shareware and inexpensive.  The fact that you
can try it out first will tell you if it works for your specific
application.  You can DL it at http://cyberspyder.com

He also has another product called "Are You There?"  that I use to verify my
websites are staying up.  You would not believe how often they go down!  Not
all host companies are created equal.  Ask them what their down time is and
they all say "better than 99%."   Guess what, thats almost an hour and a
half a week!

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net