Re: Auto opening CD

by "David H. Loeser Jr" <daklozar(at)davidloeser.com>

 Date:  Wed, 14 Jun 2000 01:50:44 -0400
 To:  "David Andrew" <davida51(at)swbell.net>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
First you need a file titled AUTORUN.INF
and inside that file you would need to have something like this:

[autorun]
OPEN=DISPLAYRES.EXE
ICON=MYICON.ICO

Now for the DISPLAYRES.EXE  you would have to have an executable that would
run a shell commnad to display your resume.
If you have access to a C++ compiler you should be able to compile this and
get it to work.

#include <windows.h>
int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
    int rval =
(int)::ShellExecute(NULL,"open","resume.html",NULL,NULL,SW_HIDE);
    // You might want to set a directory in the 5th parameter
    return(rval);
}

HTH
Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser