Re: A Basic Programming Book for the Internet

by "Adrian Murphy" <adrian.murphy(at)eudos.com>

 Date:  Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:27:07 -0000
 To:  <suzis(at)i-2000.com>,
"Hwg-Languages" <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "Hwg-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
ASP,JSP,coldfusion,PHP :-) and perl
these all do the same sort of thing i.e server-side scripting.
So they are all all competitors.which one you choose is up to you.
coldfusion is the most expensive i think.PHP is open source and free.ASP is
M$,JSP is Sun etc.
html and xhtml are very similar except xhtml is xml compliant which
basically means it's a little more strict than html e.g all tags must be
closed.tags must be nested correctly etc.
javascript is client-side .
easy explanation:
client-side= stuff done on YOUR browser
serverside= stuff done on SERVER and then sent to your browser.
don't dive right in and try to understand everything right away.
get a html book.
g'luck