Re: Could this virus exploit end up embedded ...

by "Nasser Dassi" <nd264(at)is9.nyu.edu>

 Date:  Sun, 7 May 2000 21:26:38 -0400
 To:  "HWG-Languages" <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes.  VERY easily (if you are familiar with visual basic scripting).

  Browsers affected?  All that support client-side scripting, ActiveX
controls, and any type of script that has anything to do with accessing a
user's computer (this includes JavaScript and cookies... believe it or
not... also one needs to be an 'expert' to make it function correctly).

  The likelihood of being embedded?  Not on reputable sites... but on
personal websites designed by students or novices (no offense anyone), I
would be careful.
  Again, software at risk... anything that executes scripts:  Web browsers,
OSes... everything is always at risk, so I wouldn't expect better answers
for this question.
  Turned off other way?  NOPE! :o)

Yours,
  Nasser Dassi