Re: PHP3 vs PHP4

by "April" <april(at)farstrider.org>

 Date:  Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:43:25 -0600
 To:  <9705228b(at)student.gla.ac.uk>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
PHP4 has sessions and a few other cool things, as well as some syntax
changes.

PHP3 doesn't do random stuff that leave hosting companies gaping and
confused about why PHP no longer works on their server.

It will probably be at least a few or half a dozen months before hosting
companies consider PHP 4 to be stable enough for them to stick it up without
very good reason (aka, it's a dedicated server).  I honestly dont' know
whether that's because PHP4 still isn't stable, or just because it was
pretty unstable when it first came out and hosting companies are just
getting used to the idea that it might not be anymore.