Re: Form processor on an nt box, using activestate perl?!

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:06:28 +0100
 To:  "Larry Coats" <lcoats(at)gte.net>
 Cc:  <hwg-languages(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Larry -

> I wasn't suggesting that you set yourself up with PWS!

LOL - sorry, I know that wasn't what you were suggesting, but I guess
my reply was a little pooly worded!

> I was simply
> explaining what I was using, and thought that what I had encountered
> seemed to be the same thing you encountered with IIS. The two are
similar,
> after all.

True. Both are a PITA to set up, I helped a freind set up PWS on his
intranet last week (I supplied the coffee, he supplied the blue
language!), and he told me it was easier to set up NT4 than PWS, LOL!

> With PWS, the current directory was not set to the directory that
the
> script was called from like I expected it to be.

Figures.

> It appears that you've solved your problem by using a full path
name. If
> you want to simplify to relative path name, you'll need to know what
the
> current directory is. I looked up cwd in the camel book, and if you
want
> to find out, put this simple Perl program in the same directory and
call
> it up in your browser:
>
> use Cwd;
> print ("content-type: text/plain\n\n", cwd());

Gotcha: Thanks.

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Proprietor,
Intelligent Web Design Services
http://iws.n3.net/
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of IWS. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.