Re: FAQ

by "Srinivasan Ramakrishnan" <srinivar(at)md3.vsnl.net.in>

 Date:  Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:45:24 +0530
 To:  "Rich Bowen" <rbowen(at)rcbowen.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

I agree, it's a daunting task. I wonder if any one person can author the
entire FAQ, in fact how many of us can spare that kind of time? Besides the
hwg-languages list covers a lot of ground. Defenitely Perl & JavaScript head
the ranks, but we aren't really bereft of threads on Java, PHP3, ASP or even
HTML for that matter. This calls for experts in the respective environs to
chip in.

While many of us have had the opportunity to work on more than one platform,
one can hardly call oneself an  experts on all areas. My suggestion is that
we must get some critical mass going.

Perhaps we could enslist volunteers for the task, and get a work gang. I
scarcely consider this an off-topic post since we are still at the early
stages, after all this is the only way fellow listers can know what's
happening. Once this op gets underway in earnest we can take all discussions
off the list.

Cheers,
-Srini