Re: PHP Objects, Perl from PHP, PHP/IIS

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Jun 2002 19:45:16 -0400
 To:  "Richard Walker" <richardwalker(at)onebox.com>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Richard,

Install php on an NT/IIS server, and the php interpreter deals with php
code. You're not automaticallly in an ASP environment simply because you are
being served by IIS. Will have nothing to do with ASP whatsoever. So if you
are looking for an NT server with IIS for some reason, just make sure that
php is supported and your ok.

So

> Any information of interest on PHP/IIS sites vs. PHP/non-IIS
> sites?  Like, would
>
> <?PHP print "<h1>Hello World</h1>"; ?>
>
> work?

it's all same/same

> How about all of the database access in PHP?

depends on what database you are using. I develop on a win 98 machine
(apache, php, mySQL) for a Linux/Apache/php/mysQL production environment.
Once ready, I just ftp the files over with no changes necessary. Find out
what database you will be using on the server and develop for it.