Re: Html to Word

by "Srinivasan Ramakrishnan" <srinivar(at)md3.vsnl.net.in>

 Date:  Thu, 9 Aug 2001 23:01:04 +0530
 To:  "Kathy Wargo" <kathywargo(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

I suggest you get started with a scripting language that is able to
manipulate word. The things that leap to mind are:

a) Word macros, yes it is possible.

b) VBscript / JScript via HTA. Can create a word object. Really the same as
macros.

c) Use Lua or another scripting language for windows whose name I forget,
but it is very similar to C, and AFAIK free or shareware. Try searching on
CNET, I downloaded it from there. Maybe someone can help here.

Write a script that creates a MS word object, and then open a HTML file
using that object and save as word. Should do.

Errr.... a little Lateral thinking here :-)
1) promise the neighbor's kid ice-cream
2) Ctrl-A, open all in word
3) Ask the kid, to click save, and ok all the options that pop up. Ah UNIX
[1], the power of text vs. the drab imagery of icons.

[1] http://web.meganet.net/yeti/PCarticle.html

-Srini
--
http://symonds.net/~sriniram