Re: Reversing the order of a flat file in Perl

by "Jan Morell" <janman(at)n-jcenter.com>

 Date:  Mon, 3 Jul 2000 14:23:43 -0400
 To:  "Romek aka webadmin" <www(at)wipos.p.lodz.pl>
 Cc:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Romek,

Thank you for your input.  I was able to get the results that I wanted using
your template.  Here is the final code that did the trick.

open(mall_temp, ">$mall_temp");
print(mall_temp "<a href=\"$Contact_URL\"
close(mall_temp);
open(mall_listing, "$mall_listing");
open(mall_temp, ">>$mall_temp");
while (<mall_listing>) {
chomp;
print (mall_temp "$_\n");
}
close(mall_temp);
close(mall_listing);
rename ($mall_listing, $mall_temp);

I found that the delete function was not required as the rename took care of
that.

Thanks again,

Jan