RE: SSI with ASP

by "Todd Philipps" <todd(at)anvil-group.com>

 Date:  Wed, 16 Aug 2000 10:27:26 -0700
 To:  "'Jeff Pearson'" <dalamar(at)golden.net>,
"'HWG Languages'" <hwg-languages(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
your problem is that the ASP server pulls the files specified in the
#includes before it determines what the values in the <%= ... %> are.  So it
is trying to find the file specified in the #include virtual="..."
statement.

Suggestion #1:

Try the FileSystemObject to read the txt file and write it out.

sFileName = Request.QueryString("id") & ".txt"
Set a = fs.OpenTextFile(sFilename, 1,TristateFalse)
sLine = a.ReadAll
Response.Write sLine
a.close
Set fs=Nothing