Re: Making the Contents of a PHP Page Persist

by "Rudy Gomez" <rudy(at)cyberangler.com>

 Date:  Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:35:46 -0500
 To:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Doug wrote:
> How do I get the contents of my form to persist after I click the Submit
> button?  I'm hoping to use JavaScript to do this...

Anti-flame Disclaimer: I'm not a PHP guru, not even close...

I'm assuming that you want to use variables selected/entered in a form to be
used in either a 2nd form or elsewhere.  I simply code the form as part of
the larger script, and have the form post to itself.

Something like:

if($submit2) {
     Do whatever you want with vars submitted below...
} else {
     <form method=post action="$PHP_SELF">
          bla bla
     <input type="submit" name="submit2" value="Proceed to Next Step">
     </form>
}

Again, I'm no guru, but this works for me.

rudy(at)cyberangler.com    }><(((((())))�� ...><`>
http://cyberangler.com/    /      `````//''             ...><`>