Re: Document Ordering

by "Lyle Giese" <lyle(at)lcrcomputer.com>

 Date:  Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:45:40 -0600
 To:  "Susan Bishop" <aka_susanb(at)yahoo.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
That is being done at one of my customers sites for MSDS documents. But
because that set of MSDS files is fluid, we use a SQL database backend and
ColdFusion in the foreground( all residing on the same Linux server).  The
CF code queries the database to get the list of availible documents and
displays that to the user.  For us, we merely display the PDF to persons
outside of the company.  That way they can save or print the document on the
fly.  The largest single PDF availilbe this way is 6 pages.

We have internal Customer Service Reps that are allowed to email or fax them
and can select multiple MSDS sheets at a time.

But this was all custom code in CF.

Lyle