Re: Stripping http:// from a string variable

by "Jan Morell" <janman(at)n-jcenter.com>

 Date:  Sun, 16 Jul 2000 23:56:41 -0400
 To:  "Rich Bowen" <rbowen(at)rcbowen.com>
 Cc:  "HWG-Languages" <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
HI Rich,

Actually the code is working as it should.  The problem is that I had not
considered that there would be URLs that would have characters in them that
would not be legal in a file name on a UNIX server.  Such as "/".  I see
that now I have to strip everything from the first instance of the "/" to
the end of the string.  That will be another good exercise.  Regular
Expressions are not my strong point.

Jan