Re: Difference between PHP and JavaScript

by "Nasser Dassi" <nd264(at)is9.nyu.edu>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2000 20:37:03 -0400
 To:  "HWG-Languages" <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Actually, they are both Server-Side Capable.  With ASP, you can use either
JavaScript or VBScript as the scripting language of choice on the server
side... and they are both client-side, too.  JavaScript is compatible with
major browsers, while VBScript is MSIE-specific.

In a nutshell, JavaScript is client-side CAPABLE, while PHP is not... yet.
They are both server-side, however (dependent on server configuration).

Nasser Dassi
  Developer for Beliefnet
  Multi-tier IT / eCommerce Consultant (NYC)
  Full-time New York University (NYU) Student.