Re: Downloads

by "Srinivasan Ramakrishnan" <srinivar(at)md3.vsnl.net.in>

 Date:  Sat, 3 Mar 2001 02:31:19 +0530
 To:  "Nik Krimm" <nik(at)krimm.net>
 Cc:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Looks like you've seen some of the download shareware sites like
download.com do this. Well here's how it's done.

1) You need a server side program - PHP / ASP / CFML / Perl-CGI etc.

2) When a browser requests a page the page is sent to them and then a
redirect occurs. The server then sends a binary filestream. Simple!

-Srini