Re: y2k in netscape 4.08

by "Kevin Haidl" <kevinh(at)actofmind.com>

 Date:  Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:57:05 -0800
 To:  "Rich Bowen" <rbowen(at)rcbowen.com>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Rich,

I agree that the y2k issue in discussion here make Microsoft look either
blindingly stupid or deliberately disruptive.

However, would you agree that sometimes it's beneficial not to wait for the
standards committee to make up its mind?  Microsoft has brought a lot of
really useful stuff to market ahead of endorsement by the w3c.  Standards
are good, but sometimes certain companies that can't seem to keep pace cry
"standards abuse" every time someone with a better product leaves them
choking on dust.

Kevin Haidl
Act of Mind Communications
Web Assessment, Site Design, Site Production and Site Promotion
kevinh(at)actofmind.com     http://www.actofmind.com     (604) 734-5098