Re: Will not SUBMIT if textbox empty

by "Steve Cost" <scost(at)neo.rr.com>

 Date:  Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:14:19 -0500
 To:  "Shull,
Conrad" <cshull(at)shscares.org>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you're willing to use JavaScript, the following is what I do:
 function Inspect(form){
  var dataIn0=document.forms[0].elements[0].value
    if (dataIn0 == "")
   {alert("You must enter a book title")
   document.forms[0].elements[0].focus()
   return false}
and then in the form tag:
<FORM METHOD="post" ACTION="BookEntry2.asp"
onSubmit="return Inspect(this.form)" id="form1" name="form1">
In this fashion, the form will not be submitted until the function Inspect()
returns true.
HTH,
Steve