Re: Stripping http:// from a string variable

by "Jan Morell" <janman(at)n-jcenter.com>

 Date:  Mon, 17 Jul 2000 01:07:19 -0400
 To:  "Rich Bowen" <rbowen(at)rcbowen.com>
 Cc:  "HWG-Languages" <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
These are the 2 lines that I got to work.  I don't know how to combine them,
but they do the trick.

$URL =~ s!^http://!!i;

That takes http://somedomain.com/programs/index.html and converts it to
"somedomain.com".  I can then use that to create somedomain.com.html

Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction.

Jan