Re: Mail form

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:16:33 -0500
 To:  "Nicholson,
Dale" <DNicholson(at)APACMail.com>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> That's strange.  I have used mailto to send form data before and it did
work
> on Netscape.  Which version of Netscape are you testing with?  Also, I'm
> talking about HTML mailto not a Javascript function, am I misunderstanding
> your question?

I think it works in NN, at least the 3 and 4 varieties since they put email
in the browsers.  Early versions of I.E. did not support mailto.  That's not
the whole problem.  Using mailto presupposes that the users out there have
configured their browser to work with their email program.  That is not
always the case.  Some users have no idea how to get NN and Eudora to talk
together.  Lets not even go into getting I.E. to call up Netscape's email
program.  ;- ]

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net