Re: MySQL base time?

by "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita(at)home.ro>

 Date:  Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:10:28 +0300
 To:  "Keith D Sellars" <Keith(at)webgraffix.com>,
"Rajnish Bhaskar" <r.bhaskar(at)compserv.gla.ac.uk>
 Cc:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Here is a text from "Programming Perl" by Larry Wall:

The built-in time function will always return the number of seconds
since the beginning of the "epoch", but operating systems differ in
their opinions of when that was. On many systems, the epoch began on
January 1, 1970, at 00:00:00 UTC, but it began 66 years earlier on Macs,
and on VMS it began on November 17, 1858, at 00:00:00.

Teddy,
Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
Email: orasnita(at)home.ro

From: "Rajnish Bhaskar" <r.bhaskar(at)compserv.gla.ac.uk>