Re: basic meta tag question

by "Lauri V�in" <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:10:34 +0300
 To:  "Peter Benoit" <pbenoit(at)triton-network.com>,
<WebProgrmr(at)aol.com>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Dan and Pete,
The meta tags are a good way to increase your traffic. However, many Search
engines require the keywords in the meta tags to be mentioned inside the
HTML document too. Otherwise they might rank you lower or drop you from
their index.

Dan, you have quite many keywords there, consider to spread them on several
pages. In case your page has too many keywords you might be dropped by the
Search engines. The optimal amount of keywords in your meta keyword tag
should be something around 15 words.

BTW! some Search engines still don't support the meta tags, but the major
ones do (ca 90% or more of web traffic is provided by the major 8 search
engines).

Hope this helps, if you need more help, just write me.

Best wishes,
Lauri V�in
--
Lauri V�in
Get a residual income by earning commissions