Re: netscape window control failing

by "Rythmist" <Rythmist(at)gamewood.net>

 Date:  Wed, 23 Aug 2000 01:10:26 -0400
 To:  "Cyanide _7" <leo7278(at)hotmail.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You are correct.

The JavaScript Protocol Specifies that the URL is JavaScript code.
With Event handlers its assumed that javascript is the default scripting
language.

I have not found any documentation on using or not using the javascript:
protocol with an event handler as of yet. I have however witnessed failures
of event handlers  that were corrected using the javascript: protocol.

Rythmist

Examples:

<A HREF="javascript:alert('JavaScript Link!');">JavaScript Link</A>
<A HREF="javascript:window.open('about:blank','New',''">Open Window</A>
<A HREF="javascript:window.close()">Close Window</A>
<A HREF="javascript:history.back()">Previous Page</A>