Re: Drop down navigation...

by "Cyanide _7" <leo7278(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 16 Feb 2000 02:11:06 CST
 To:  mwilson(at)sigmapath.com
 Cc:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
i have a couple of changes to recommend. first of all, you can keep both
menus in one form and not even worry about the names. merely send *this*,
the menu's object, to the function. also, do not assign a string value to
the location object, but to its href property. try this:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>TEST</TITLE>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Hide the script from old browsers --

function surfto(menu) {
  if(menu.options[menu.selectedIndex].value != 0)
    location.href = menu.options[menu.selectedIndex].value;
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>

</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
    <BR>
    <BR>
      <FORM>
        <SELECT onChange="surfto(this);" SIZE=1>
          <OPTION VALUE="0" SELECTED>---choose a link---</OPTION>
          <OPTION
VALUE="http://www.sigmapath.net">SigmaPath.net</OPTION>
          <OPTION
VALUE="http://www.sigmapath.com">SigmaPath.com</OPTION>
        </SELECT>
    <BR>
    <BR>
        <SELECT onChange="surfto(this);" SIZE=1>
          <OPTION VALUE="0" SELECTED>--choose a link--</OPTION>
          <OPTION VALUE="http://www.yahoo.com">test1</OPTION>
          <OPTION VALUE="http://www.excite.com">test2</OPTION>
        </SELECT>
      </FORM>
    <BR>
    <BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

the nice thing about this script is it can run any number of menus merely by
sending the menus object to the script. - Cyanide_7