Re: Can Front Page edit SSI?

by "Cyanide _7" <leo7278(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:19:24 CST
 To:  WebProgrmr(at)aol.com
 Cc:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
i would have to say no. the browser has no idea that SSI was used. the
webserver executes the SSI and sends the actual HTML output to the browser
as if it was all hard coded in each file. i'm sure FP can edit SSI docs,
local files maybe, but not from the HTML from the webserver. my suggestion:
don't let laypeople edit pages with SSI, or make them do this offline. or
even have them ftp the file to their hard disk and ftp it back to the
server, but don't let them get the file from the browser. - Cyanide_7