RE: why oh why, does my netscape crash?

by "Cyanide _7" <leo7278(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:09:41 CST
 To:  Michael.L.Smith(at)alltel.com
 Cc:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
i think you misunderstood the purpose of my response. my question was, what
do you mean by "comment out your DIV tags?". my point about hating a browser
for being picky was not necessarily directed at you. i've come across
numerous ppl who complain when NN throws an error while IE doesn't, and it's
merely a case of IE letting ppl get away with sloppy code. this may not be
such a case, i totally agree with you that Netscape did an incredibly poor
job with its internal error catching, but you need not use profanity and
attempt to belittle me on a semi-public forum.

as for the problem:

in the aboutbox style definitions, if you omit the width attribute, it
doesn't crash. dunno why, but that width definition combined with the TD
width seems to conflict. as for lining up the background images, i dunno. i
tried a bunch of things, and resizing the foreground image in the top seems
to help. - Cyanide_7