RE: backspace key disable as back button in IE

by "Cyanide _7" <leo7278(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:42:04 CST
 To:  pbenoit(at)triton-network.com
 Cc:  ilya788(at)inter.net.il, hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I probably should have made that last post a little clearer.

thanx for the info Peter, your first post was enough. I guess I just assumed
that if keypress didn't catch it, then keydown wouldn't either. now the only
problem is the one from Ilya Dubinsky:

>as MSDN states, one cannot capture backspace in IE4, only in IE5.
>this is a feature, not a bug. no way around, as far as I know.

i can at least catch the event now and process it, but i can't seem to
cancel it as Ilya describes. Ilya, do you have the URI of that information?
I'd like to take a look at it. Thanx again guys! - Cyanide_7