RE: document.domain in IE5

by "Cyanide _7" <leo7278(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Mon, 03 Apr 2000 16:35:02 CDT
 To:  pbenoit(at)triton-network.com
 Cc:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>uhm... maybe you fixed this already, but I got:
>
>members.xoom.com
>
>under document.domain...

> > also realized (after i posted) that this only occured locally. the
> > document.domain value locally is unknown.

online it has a value because it has an actual domain. locally i can
understand not having a domain, but you'd think they could have represented
the value better than "unknown". i'm fine with this now that i know thats
how this property is handled, and i can test for it, no biggy. i'd like to
know if anyone has found any other "unknown" data types anywhere else that
me might want to know about? this lil guy had me scrutinizing my code with
about 50 alerts/status messages for weeks before i found it, i'd like to
save such time in the future. thnx - Cyanide_7