Re: the problem with layers

by David Mintz <mambomintz(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:04:11 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

--- Samuel Bragg <goomoo(at)hotmail.com> wrote:
> i have a dhtml scrolling script (jscript) that is
> being built in vbscript.
> it works fine in IE 4, but in IE5, the layer that
> contains the icons does
> not show. in netscape, everything is shown, but not
> positioned properly,
> it's not layering, instead it's all one after the
> other running down the
> left side.

I have experimented with absolutely-positioned DIV
layers and found the same problem -- that Netscape
does not always display them correctly. I drove myself
crazy for a while before reluctantly giving up and
going back to tables for positioning elements. And I
don't have time to browser-sniff and redirect to x
different parallel versions of the same site depending
on each browser's peculiarities.

David Mintz
Web Design & Hosting http://www.dmintzweb.com
Personal http://www.panix.com/~dmintz