Re: Dynamic SELECT lists and Netscape

by "Cyanide _7" <leo7278(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 03 May 2000 15:22:37 CDT
 To:  eric_anderson(at)hrsoft.com
 Cc:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
the easiest way to get around this is to write a fake select list. in
netscape, the width stays the width of the original lists longest option
text, and the number of elements visible without scrolling is the original
number of options. this of course gets cut off around 11 i think? write a
fake list with X number of spaces in the first option (you will need HTML
spaces: &nbsp;) and X number of blank options after that in order to
"reserve" the necessary space. netscape isn't anywhere near as dynamic with
its content as IE. sorry - Cyanide_7