RE: writing DIV HTML in Netscape

by "Cyanide _7" <leo7278(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 10 May 2000 10:20:47 CDT
 To:  pbenoit(at)triton-network.com
 Cc:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Cyanide,
>
>I know exactly what you're seeing.  I've seen it time and time again,
>though
>I'm not sure that I've ever had problems with it in the manner that you
>describe.  I'm not sure if what you see when you view source in Netscape,
>is
>actually what Netscape sees when it presents a page.

hmmmmm, i sure hope so!

If so, then Netscape
>has more problems than we could possibly imagine.  Having said that, I
>don't
>have a solution for you except to say that if you see Ttyle, Netscape
>probably is still seeing Style, but it's view source is bugged.
>
>I'd like to see your event handlers, and how you are going about it.

i've gotten onresize to work (just a syntax mistake), but still can't seem
to get onscroll to work. here is a simple version of the script:

<script>
<!--
window.onscroll = myScrollHandler;
captureEvents(Event.SCROLL); // registered event type 262144

function myScrollHandler(){
  status = "X:"+pageXOffset+", Y:"+pageYOffset;
  return true;
}
//-->
</script>

SCROLL is the const 262144 in the Event object, so i know thats the official
name of the event, and handlers merely have an on prefix. plus this works in
IE just fine... - Cyanide_7