RE: hiding a div in another frame in NN?

by "Cyanide _7" <leo7278(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:35:19 CDT
 To:  pbabcock(at)bgsgroup.com
 Cc:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
you have to remember just where the layer is withing the DOM in netscape. it
is apart of the doucment object or more specifically withing the layers
array in the document object. you are trying find it within the window
object (which is really all a frame is) and thats where the error occurs.
also, referencing the "hidden" frame from the frames array vs the frameset
object is merely a matter of preference and should not give an error. i
usually always go through the array with the string name of the element. i
believe this syntax would indeed work for IE, but in netscape, try this:

parent.frames["hidden"].document.layers["hideme"].visibility = 'hide';

- Cyanide_7