Re: need JavaScript to retain form field values

by David Mintz <mambomintz(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Sun, 13 Aug 2000 18:58:40 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  Robert Clendaniel <robert(at)baylogic.com>,
hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

--- Robert Clendaniel <robert(at)baylogic.com> wrote:
> I need a JavaScript that will use a cookie to save
> form field
> values between sessions.
>
> Can anyone recommend one to this JavaScript newbie?

As a matter of fact I was just playing with this
myself for learning purposes. Check out

    "Javascript:  The Definitive Guide"  (O'Reilly)
and
    http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq/.

I wrote a little cookie-setting and -retrieving
Javascript exercise, which you're welcome to examine
at http://panix.com/~dmintz/ if you're interested.

Mine displays a popup that has a checkbox to set a
cookie that means ok, I've seen this before and don't
want to see it again. It seems it would be pretty
straightforward to use cookies to set your form field
values.

David Mintz
Spanish Interpreter, US District Court
Southern District of New York