RE: Subject header and Mail::Mailer module (Perl)

by David Mintz <mambomintz(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:50:17 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

BINGO!!!!!!!!!

Thank you VERY much. You're a genius. (Well, OK, maybe
I exaggerate but only slightly) In my density I failed
to understand about the command argument and that it's
obligatory if you want a proper subject header.

Although them CPAN docs are a wee bit on the terse
side, aren't they.

And thanks to all who helped out. You guys are top
shelf.

    David

--- jwillmore(at)cyberia.com wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I don't see any reference to the mail program in
> your code.
>
> (copied straight out of "Perl in a Netshell"
> published by O'Reilly - used
> strictly for reference purposes only)
>
> $mailer = Mail::Mailer->new('sendmail)';
>
> -or-
>
> $fh = $msg->open('sendmail');
>
> Everything else looks good except the reference to
> the mail program.
>
> Jim
>
> > Looking at the docs, I would assume that you need
> mail::send to obtain a
> > subject field.  I read the sparse CPAN docs as
> mail::mailer doesn't suport a
> > subject field.

<snip>

href="http://panix.com/~dmintz">http://panix.com/~dmintz</a>