RE: sql syntax

by David Mintz <mambomintz(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 14 Dec 2000 19:25:27 -0800 (PST)
 To:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

> update a

Maybe this is too belated and/or off base, but:

Have you considered writing a short program to do it
for you? That is, one that will look at your values in
your columns  and do something about them in more
sophisticated ways than might be possible with a
single SQL statement. Perl/DBI is great for that kind
of thing.

David Mintz
Spanish Interpreter, US District Court
Southern District of New York