RE: Perl esoterica: getting variable's name as string value

by David Mintz <mambomintz(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Sun, 29 Apr 2001 09:13:04 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

--- "MILLER David R." <dmiller(at)mcc.ca> wrote:
> David:
>
> Sounds like you need a hash of hashes. [...]

Yes, or maybe an array of hashes because I might need
to loop through them and know what order they'll be
in.

I have used bidimensional arrays for stuff like this--
the awkward thing was having to remember that
$fields[4] contains, say, my 'zip code' array.

As always, TMTOWTDI, and indeed I am doing it, I'm
just trying to be as lazy as possible.

Thanks.

             David

David Mintz