RE: Odd question?

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:14:04 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Languages HWG <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

--- "Carl L. Steplock III" <cls(at)spadata.com> wrote:
> Thanx to all for the info on why the format conversion. I've only
> been been
> programming etc since the late 70's and I had never had that come up
> before.
> I did get the files now in zip format to preserve integrity.
> It's interesting though, you can send an animated gif via email, it
> can be
> seen as animated, but if you try to save the image, it'll save as
> bmp-no
> animation.
>
> Now...if I can ever figure out why some javascript works on a pc but
> crashes
> on a mac......

Well, there is that whole JavaScript/JScript split, never mind the
perpetuation of proprietary properties (unintended alliteration)...
though I suppose that all is slacking off.  For example, I've seen some
dynamic menus that work in IE 5 and NN 4.7, but not at all in IE 4 (all
for Mac)...

As to the bitmaps... I'll never forget the time I saw a technical
writing instructor take an ill-planned foray into teaching basic HTML
coding. He had us insert Windows Meta File images into our pages!