Re: CGI/Perl

by Ezra Freelove <ezrasf(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Sun, 5 May 2002 16:06:48 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  grandane(at)grandane.com,
hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Telnet does not encrypt its transactions so is
considered insecure. Just like you should not send
sensitive information across unencrypted web
transactions or email, you should not via telnet or
FTP. Use SSH or SFTP instead.

The Windows Telnet window is very basic. In Windows
2000 they have gotten better, but there are a world of
telnet and SSH2 clients that are much better. If you
are familiar with Linux, then this should be old hat.
You just need to learn the DOS-style shell commands of
which some are similar to Unix.

The only thing I can think of that might cause the
beeping is not actually having the window selected.

Ezra