RE: Pre-Loading Fonts for the average Consumer

by Nancy Hastings-Trew <nancy(at)hypertextdigital.com>

 Date:  Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:49:18 -0500
 To:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 14:49 17/01/00 -0800, you wrote:
>the problem with pre-loading adobe fonts is that they require the adobe font
>manager, or whatever that ATM program is in order to install/view the fonts.
>which essentially means that the only way to make sure everyone will see
>your fonts properly, or even the majority of people, is to make them graphic
>images.
>
>-rebecca
>http://www.nerdygirl.com

There is a true-type version of this font available on the Corel Draw 7
disk (and probably more recent versions of this program.) However AFAIK
then it would not be able to be viewed on a Mac (?) I agree with the
styatement above, if it is really crucial to the design of the site to use
this font, why not use text graphics, and then only where it is really
important to have it?

cheers,

Nancy