RE: JS doesn't work if framed by another site

by karloff <det1289(at)iperbole.bologna.it>

 Date:  Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:48:33 -0500
 To:  hwg-languages(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>sounds like you just need to include the entire location of the javascript
>file...
>
>src="http://www.yourserver.com/script/layerhtm.js"

It doesn't work, I've the same error:

	access disallowed from scripts at
	http://www.galleriaborghese.it/ to documents at another
	domain.

(oops, I've written www.galleriaborghese.com in my previous message, sorry).

You can see the error clicking on "La Galleria Borghese" from
http://sfere.supereva.it/Grandi_musei_italiani_on_line.html

>this should only be the case if the content was stolen, rather than the
>bandwidth.

It's not really stolen, simply presented inside a frame of an index of
Internet resources. So, it's good for me to have a link from them.

>the relative pathname of the .js file is taken with respect to
>the page's location, not the frameset holding it.

Yes, it's my case. The scripts are located in
http://www.galleriaborghese.it/script/showhide.js
and
http://www.galleriaborghese.it/script/layerhtm.js

>i believe the problem may
>be in how the .js file is interpreted, maybe even a browser issue. i believe
>it was discussed here many months ago as to what is executed in .js files.
>some browsers may or may not execute commands, only allowing for function
>and object definitions. in otherwords, you can define a function to run the
>break out of frames script, but it must be called from a script in the page.
>try viewing your framed page with a different browser/generation and see if
>it doesn't function properly then. - Cyanide_7

I'm sure, they works in both NS4 and IE4. Simply, when the HTML is included
in a frameset located in a different server, a security issue stops my
external code from working.

I need a javascript solution to include external code only when my page is
not loaded inside a frameset.
|\|\/\       Cinema, www.geocities.com/Hollywood/6841/viaggioinitalia/