Re: attaching background images to email

by Ilya Dubinsky <ilya788(at)inter.net.il>

 Date:  Thu, 03 Feb 2000 09:19:27 +0200
 To:  "Harold A. Driscoll" <harold(at)driscoll.chi.il.us>
 Cc:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org

                         Hi!
> >I've seen this done but I'm not sure how.
> >A background image appears on an email message.
> >Is the .jpg or .gif image file an attachment,
>Yes, among other things you most likely would not want to receive. Of
>course, if you do, and your email program goes berserk, the authors of your
>email program might (again) assure you that it was not their fault, that
>although it was their software that actually may have wrecked havoc, that
>(again) it was some ~malicious email sender~ that was actually at fault.

         And that's damn right - especially for Outlook Express. Read
Guninsky security bulletins (http://www.nat.bg/~joro)- you can do terrible
things with HTML messages, especially when you're using scripting and
ActiveX controls. Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

         You may even play with cookies and thus steal person's email
address. HTML mail messages are evil.

				Yours, Ilya.