Re: Including a module

by John Erjavec V <jev(at)pconline.com>

 Date:  Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:59:00 -0500
 To:  bobmin(at)nidlink.com,
hwg-languages(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:41 PM 8/16/00 -0700, bobmin(at)nidlink.com wrote:
>  Adding the line;
>
>require "spiderlib.pl";
>
>  To the top of the file with the other required auxilliary files causes
>an error 500 with an error message of;
>
>spiderlib.pl did not return a true value at ss_promain_beta.pl line 17.

Basically, make sure that any file you will be 'require'ing or 'use'ing end
in a line containing '1;'.  That way, the file will be guaranteed to return
a true value.  (The return value of the last command executed in the file
is returned in a 'require' or 'use' call.)

As an aside, if you are going to the trouble of putting the code into a
separate file (and I wholeheartedly agree with this approach), you might
want to think about reading the docs on modules, and using a .pm file
instead of a .pl file.

-JEV
--
John Erjavec V  ##  spammers-will-be-reported(at)jevonline.com
                 ##  http://www.jevonline.com/jev/index.html