Re: Marquee

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:41:46 +0100
 To:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:22 01/04/02 -0400, grandane(at)grandane.com wrote:
>Am aware 'Marquee' has been around for quite a while, but I have never
>used it until recently, unfortunately, find this will not validate, is
>there a substitute in place of this with same effect?
<snip/>

As others have said, there are several possible ways of doing this, for
example with JavaScript.

Be very careful about using any sort of animation, particularly with text.
Animated text is a massive usability and accessibility problem, and should
really only be used when you have text you don't actually want anyone to read.

Sadly, animated text impresses (bill paying) clients.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/