RE: Need help with Confirm Method

by Jim Coffield <coffield(at)cet.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:18:01 -0500
 To:  Wise Lisa M Civ 355 TRS/RTS <Lisa.Wise(at)dm.af.mil>,
hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I see one possible problem. Below Rossi Designs stated that
opener.variablename="new value" should work and as far as that is true
(never tried with child windows but have checked variable values across
frames).  In your code however, you have:

opener.document.flag2=1;

This is setting the value of a property within the document object. As far
as I know, if you want to use this format you must declare the variable
(property) as:

document.flag2=0;

-----

If you use the normal variable declaration:

var flag=0;

then access the variable with:

opener.flag2=1;

------

Good Luck (I've pulled out a few chunks of hair on this one with some of my
pages)

Jim

James E. Coffield, Ph.D.
Research Associate
Center for Educational Technologies/
NASA Classroom of the Future
Wheeling Jesuit University
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling, WV  26003
Phone (304) 243-2469      Fax: 304-243-2497
WWW address:  http://www.cet.edu/
email: coffield(at)cet.edu