RE: how to .zip files

by Keiko Schneider <kschnei(at)sabotenweb.com>

 Date:  Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:10:26 -0600
 To:  hwg-languages(at)mail.hwg.org
 Cc:  kschnei(at)sabotenweb.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
>PKZip is the standard for windows machines as Nik said, but it might also be
>useful to know that the standard file compression utility for MAC's is
>called Stuffit by Alladin Software and some of the compression utilities for
>UNIX/Linux are tar, compress, and cpio (tar being the most common).

Actually my Mac will ask if I want to open .zip with StuffIt expander.  If
you want to make a zip file from Mac, there is such thing as MacZip
http://helpdesk.uvic.ca/how-to/support/mac/maczip.html and StuffIt Expander
has a Windows version, too.  To me decompressing is pretty much
cross-platform this way.

Sincerely yours,
Keiko Schneider