Re: Tiling Image...CSS

by Leslie(at)wholespace.com

 Date:  Sun, 5 Nov 2000 23:59:43 -0600
 To:  Pat Greenfield <grandane(at)grandane.com>
 Cc:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Pat,

Is this what you had in mind? You can see it in action at:
<http://www.wholespace.com/compeer/green/greenfield.html>.

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--
	BODY{
	background-color:#FFFFFF;
	background-image:url("images/flower.jpg");
	background-repeat:no-repeat;
	background-attachment:fixed;
	background-position:50% 50%;
	}
-->

  Btw, "fixed" is so that the background image doesn't scroll. Delete
this line if you want it to scroll. The position I specified centers
the image, so the image moves when the window is resized. You can fix
the image so that it doesn't move. Email me if you need further help.

Hope this helps,

Leslie

At 1:53 PM -0400 11/5/00, Pat Greenfield wrote:
>Am having problem with css.. can't stop image from being repeated...can
>someone help me with this, have tried all kinds of alternatives but
>nothing works..so far!
>
>In my linked css style sheet have put the following:
>
>#back    {background-image: url("lhsebck.gif");
>           background-attachment: fixed;
>           background-position: center center;
>           background-repeat: n;
>
>      }
>

>Am assuming (hoping) this will go into center of table and not
>necessarily center of entire page!
>
>On the html page have put the following:
>
><TD VALIGN="TOP"P ID="back" background-fixed: no-repeat>
>
>There are only two columns for the table, first TD is(menu), plus main
>TD data which is the one am have trouble with, have added the
>'background-fixed......' to try and stop repeating. doesn't work though.
>
>Will put the W,H and Alt in when I have this problem solved.
>
>Any suggestions please?
>
>Pat Greenfield

-

                                                          ::
                                                          ::
   Leslie Berrie :  Wholespace.com
   (e) leslie(at)wholespace.com (t) 312.664.4424 (f) 312.664.4423
                                                          ::
                                                           :::
                                                            ::::
                                                              ::::