RE: Disabling <SELECT>

by "Angi Krauskopf" <AKRAUSKOPF(at)novell.com>

 Date:  Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:05:26 -0600
 To:  <Michael.L.Smith(at)alltel.com>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hmmm..... That's a great suggestion, but I don't think it will quite =
accomplish what I'm after. I have 3 select elements, and I want to prevent =
users from selecting something from both elements 2 & 3 (but they can =
select from elements 1 & 3, or from 1 & 2). In IE this works great--I can =
use a Javascript to disable select element 3 when they select something in =
element 2 and visa versa. But without being able to use Javascript to =
disable a select element, I'm at a bit of a loss.=20

Thanks!
Angi=20

>>> "Michael L Smith" <Michael.L.Smith(at)alltel.com> 06/28/00 03:35PM >>>
All I know of doing, is setting all selectable elements to be NULL... via
JavaScript.

Michael L Smith

ALLTEL Information Services
Emerging Technology Solutions
(501) 220-8551
Michael.L.Smith(at)alltel.com=20
--
Echelon bait:
COSCO SCUD missile Pecan-Pie Honduras Clinton Rule Psix security quiche

 -----Origi<<File: michae~1.vcf>>nal Message-----